An award-winning design manager with 13 years of strategic experience for clients in politics, finance, education, and nonprofits. Seeking full-time opportunities.
Design Director, The Pivot Group | April 2012 — Present
- Deliver high-quality direct mail and branding for 1,500 creative projects per federal election cycle.
- Art direct in-house design team, network of freelance designers, and photographers.
- Hire, train, and manage additional temporary staff during federal election years.
- Manage project workflow, timelines, and department budget.
- Generate campaign strategies, develop creative concepts, and write headlines.
- Plan and direct client and house stock photo shoots.
Freelance Art Director and Graphic Designer | November 2006 — Present
- Designed and art directed websites, corporate and event identities, and publications.
- Managed full spectrum of client relationship and project completion, from initial introduction and project proposal phase through final implementation.
Marketing Graphic Designer, Johns Hopkins University | January 2009 — April 2012
- Created cohesive marketing identity for brochure suites, academic website and subsites, online and print advertisements, publications, and motion graphics presentations.
- Provided art direction to in-house web designers and photographers.
- Developed department workflow, annual marketing plans, and budgets with senior management.
- Conceptualized and implemented out-of-house fulfillment system for prospective student mailings.
- Initiated vendor relationships and supervised on-press.
Graphic Designer, MSHC Partners, Washington, DC | July 2006 — November 2008
- Designed a high volume of direct mail, logos, and publications with quick turnaround.
- Developed departmental best practices and prepared files for final production.
- Trained new employees for temporary election cycle positions.
Graphic Designer, Wood Design, New York, NY | June 2003 — August 2005
- Designed concepts and production-ready files.
- Developed information architecture, content, and user experience for client subsidiary site.
- Managed photo shoots and catalogs for corporate clients’ art collections.
- Supervised interns on research and writing projects.
- Maintained all company vendor communications and supervised on-press.
- Expert understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in best practices for file set up, archiving, and using network and cloud servers.
- Experience designing and editing websites in WordPress.
University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning | Class of 2004
Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design. Completed a five-year academic co-op program.
AIGA | Member since 2002. Founder, Vice President, and Mentoring Committee Chair of University of Cincinnati Student Chapter.
FAN DC | Board Member, 2015. Currently serving as secretary and fundraising organizer for DC-based organization serving youth in foster care.